As a social enterprise, Assunta Hospital has established a culture and legacy of community service since 1961. Starting with free clinics to underprivileged populations, the hospital has since restructured their community service initiative with the establishment of Assunta Integrated Social Services (ASSISS), which encompasses:
Assunta Mobile Clinic
Mobile Clinic services were initiated in the 1960s by FMM nuns, who visited remote areas to provide simple medical services. Today, Mobile Clinic continues their legacy of bringing healthcare to marginalised or underprivileged societies and groups. Services include basic primary care comprising health consultations and the monitoring of medical conditions that include diabetes or hypertension. We started with 4 clinics per month, serving 200 patients and currently we are running 26 clinics per month including 2 clinics in Sabah, serving more than 1300 patients.
Assunta Pastoral Care, which started in 1988, commits itself to providing emotional, psychological and spiritual care to patients, their relatives or hospital staff at times of crisis, especially during illness. It is a holistic approach to healing for it complements the medical and nursing care through compassionate and empathetic listening. Assunta Hospital is the only hospital in Malaysia that conducts pastoral care training under the supervision of a certified supervisor. It now has about 35 pastoral care volunteers who visit the patients regularly on daily basis.
Social Welfare Program
ASSISS Palliative Services
ASSISS Wound Care Services
Outpatient facility for regular dressing is available in Assunta Hospital. Patient’s wounds will be monitored by medical personnel. Home visits are offered to homebound patients.
ASSISS Geriatic Enrichment Services
For Donors -
We accept donations of all kinds, which include but not limited to:
- Non-perishable foods (e.g. rice, canned food, adult milk supplement, milo, biscuits, etc.)
- Adult diapers
- Medical consumables (e.g. bandages, cotton wool, medical gloves, masks, colostomy bags, etc.)
- Mobility aids/hospital equipment (e.g. hospital bed, ripple mattress, bed backrest, wheelchair, commode, walker, portable oxygen concentrator, etc.)
- Monetary donation [donations are tax-exempted]
For Volunteers -
We depend greatly on volunteers in our services as below:
- Mobile Clinic – both non-medical and medical volunteers are welcomed
- Wound Care Services - to do home visits for wound dressings (must be a nurse)
- Pastoral Care – training will be provided before volunteers can start visiting patients and families at Assunta Hospital
For Applicants/Beneficiaries -
If your combined family income falls within RM2000/month, you may apply for our:
- Social Welfare Outpatient Program (SWOP)
- Social Welfare Inpatient Program (SWIP)
- ASSISS Wound Care Services (AWCS)
Terms and conditions apply.
Download our application here for the above services:
For ASSISS Palliative Services (APS), please get your doctor to send the referral to us.
For further information, kindly contact us at
No. 83, Jalan Templer, 46990 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel: 03-7931 3366
Fax: 03-7931 3393
We are now on Facebook! Please like and follow our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/assiss.my